Sunday, March 27, 2011

BoJangles....It IS NOT Bo time...

You know, sometimes you do things with the best of intentions only to have it come back and bite you in the butt. So said...I quit McDonald's for Lent. Really- only the best of intentions on this. Therefore, I patronized Bojangles- not really a fan there except for the seasoned fries - extra seasoning please--and the sweet potato pies...yum! Well, it appears they have started selling grits! Holla. Or so I thought. Last Friday, I stopped in to get an order of grits w/ cheese and a cup of ice. I was told cheese would be 40 cents and ice was 17 cents but I could get ice WATER for free. Still not understanding that whole concept..and 40 cents for a slice of processed cheese --you can by the Smart brand at Food Lion for 99 cents a pack for 16 slices. Whatever. So, I get to the window-and I tell them never mind on the ice. The hand me the bag then I leave. When I get to work, the cheese is missing. As would be my typical MO- I did not call and complain, I let it go. This past Tuesday, I stopped there again-don't ask me why. I just did. I was at the speaker, there was a line behind me, I ordered grits w/ cheese and asked the cashier to please make sure it is there this time (on the side of course because they say they can not throw it on top of the damn grits in the container--to much effort I suppose-maybe 45 cents worth of effort as opposed to 40 cents?) to which she vehemently responded- and I quote " That was your fault". Literally- my pissed level went 0 to 60 in 1/1048304 of a second. "Excuse me" I said. She replied, "that was your fault, you drove off without it". "Explain to me how you not doing your job is my fault please" I replied, "and I will buy you breakfast". "Do you want anything else" was her answer. 'Just your manager at the window when I get there" I demanded. When I finally got to the window, the manager was there- waiting- with genius standing behind her. The manager says "she didn't mean that how it sounded". "She meant it EXACTLY how it sounded because she knew exactly who I was and what she had done, she was too concerned with charging me 17 cents for a cup of ice but told me I could get ICE WATER for free" I replied. The manager then proceeds to tell me that I did in fact drive off without the cheese. How ridiculous is this conversation anyway? The more it progressed the more pissed I got. "First- you are problem #2. She is problem #1. I will not have some pissy 18 year old telling me that the reason I didn't get what I paid for was because I left without it when it is her responsibility to put it in the bag she had already handed me. 2ndly, your big issue is a little thing I like to call CUSTOMER SERVICE. It does not exist at this store" I ranted. The manager said well, she didn't mean it. "And still I get no apology" I say --extremely exasperated at this point. "Well, I didn't realize it was that big of a problem" the manager said. "Oh it was a small problem back at the speaker, it's a bigger problem now- but it's about to become bigger than you can imagine" I emphatically assure her. It is my belief that customer service has gone by the wayside these days. Since when does a cashier and a manager talk crap like that to a customer when the cashier has actually admitted she didn't do the job she was supposed to AND THEN never even offered me a refund or to replace it! I had to seriously get my panties in a wad to get any reaction. Oh Bojangles...you have failed..and you have failed miserably - if you want grits--hit the Jr. Mart --it's not that far from Bojangles and it's $1.59 for the same size grits that Bojangle's charges $2.39 for. Bo time? HELL NO.

No comments: