Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quizno's - what a disappointment!

This Quizno's is at I-295 & exit 59 off of I-95. I stopped in there to pick up lunch for the man'o da house after a long trip back from Charleston, SC. Quizno's menu is a "magazine-food" eater's dream! The chipolte bread, the rosemary parm on the caprese sandwhich!! HOLLA! So I go in...so into getting some grub from this place. First thing I notice, it's not all that clean looking. Signs here and there, didn't pay too much attention to them at this point, however in just a minute it would more than get my attention. I watch the clerk serve a family of 3. It literally took an excruciating 18 minutes to make their 3 sandwhiches and that is without the toasting. Why no toasting? The main crux of Quizno's biz...is NOT WORKING. So, I figure ok. Toaster not working. That's ok, I think I can handle these sandwhiches not toasted. It will be like eating at Subway. Finally, after what seemed an eterneity, it became my turn. I wanted to get 2 subs, just alike: The Honey Cured Ham on chipolte bread- and it is $5 (yep- just like Subway). As I begin to order, chipolte bread- she tells me nope- don't have any. I asked, "are you out or you just don't have it?" "I don't even know what that is" came the reply. Now I begin to get into aggravated "sigh" mode. Well, it was listed right there on the signs all over the window, but ok. I'm not eating it, the husband is..no biggie- just get white. Well, we can't toast them. Ok. I said but they are the $5 deal right? "Nope" was my answer...a woman of few words. At this point, I had to get into semi-bitch mode. Well, it says right here on this sign that it's $5. She points to a sign above her head on the lighted board that says something else--I honestly can't remember because no matter what that sign said, the one in front of me is the one I was buying. I know. Bitch. lol So she did offer up some chipolte mayo. It took another 10 min for her to pass this down to the lettuce lady. She had forgotten/didn't hear/ignored/not paying attention - that I ordered 2 identical subs. Another 10 minutes into and finally, I have 2 subs. Now for mine. The Caprese! So, of course the rosemary parm bread. The clerk grabs it from the bakery showcase and quickly cuts off each end about 1/5 of the way down. Interesting. Then, she asks me what the sign says is on it. I don't mind telling her because I am excited about this sandwhich! Tomatoes, mozzarella, chopped lettuce, Basil Pesto, Red Wine Vinaigrette...holla! Then she proceeds to tell me they have no Basil Pesto. No Basil Pesto? That is what makes this sub what it is. What do you mean? Are you out or you just don't carry it. "Oh, we are out, been out for a while- no body ever orders it" came the reply- much to my dismay. Scratch that then. If I can't have it with that, what's the point. I was done. I step to pay and they charge me full price for the 2 subs. I point out that it is $5 on the sign down at the beginning of the counter. I am waiting for an arguement, but the lady at the register was in her own brand of haze so she kept it rollin at $5 per. In all honesty though..how can they justify selling any of those at full price when you have to substitute because they don't have what's on the menu AND the toaster is NOT WORKING. Why? Because desperate people like me, who have been on the road for 4 hours will pay it just to have some food to present and not have to make another stop on the long trek back to Lillington. I request a soda as well. A large. When I step to the fountain machine- you guessed it! Out of 4 different types of soda. OH MY GOD. What a nitemare this place is. I get a refund and head out the door. No wonder they don't have business. No customer service and most importantly NO SUPPLIES!!!! Quizno's @ I-95 & I-295 exit 59? Skip it! You'll be quizing yourself later as to why you didn't if you don't!

No comments: