Monday, November 30, 2009

For Your Entertainment, Indeed!

Put aside all of your preconceived notions (i.e. prejudice) about Adam Lambert and then go out and get this CD. If you were a fan of Adam's from Idol and the AMA show left a bad taste in your mouth (so to speak), it would behoove you to revisit what you loved about Adam to start with.

Let's get to it. The CD.


Music Again- just doesn't flow for me. I am not sure what it is, probably because it seems Freddie Mercury-ish to me and while I like a few Queen songs, not really my cuppa latte.


For Your Entertainment - definitely the CD version is more likable than the AMA version, I am not sure why, but, on that performance I didn't care for it, however, it is possible that it is because I can add my own delusional thoughts to it and not see someone else's meaning for it. Loves it!


Whatya Want From Me - by far one of my favorite songs on the CD. It reminds me of the old days when I use to hang with my drag queen friend Mike. Mike, like Adam was hot. The boys want to be with him and the girls want to be his hag. The song identifies the angst of being in that sitch but it also can be indicative of the angsty love messes I've been in back in the day. Loves it.


Strut- I feel like I am in the audience of a Broadway show waiting to see the dancers stride by in silver sequined body suits and black top hats twirling black batons and sweating off blue glitter eyeshadow. Like it.



Soaked- theme song for the worst love interest of my life, caused flashbacks of heartache I'd rather forget. I guess that means it's good? Quixotic


Sure Fire Winners - like it. Michael Damien-esque. Are you asking yourself who in the world is Michael Damien? Google it and then go to youtube and put in Michael Damien "Rock On". Uh huh. Me likey.


A Loaded Smile- ahhhh the story of my misspent youth - or at least my early 20's. "Nuff said.



If I Had You - I bet there has been many a lovelorn soul making this same declaration for years and yet it still doesn't ring completely true. Sounds good enough though. And I know I have certainly seen many a man that I would think...If I had you....blah, blah, blah.....Loves it.

Pick U Up -the more I hear this one the more I like it. Can't read any meaning into it for myself, but I do like it.

Fever-Love,love,love it. I've got fever for Fever. This rocks: Oh Baby, lights on, but your mom's not home, I'm sick of laying down alone with this fever.....Probably one of the best songs on this CD. Mucho love for this!!

Sleepwalker -haunting. Totally reminds me of major love gone wrong. Downer, but it's the kind of song that you WANT to listen to and be brought down by. Fabulous. Loves it!

Aftermath-things a friend would be saying to you after a bad day..a bad man...a bad anything.It's righteous self talk. Like it.

Broken Open- another of those songs you WANT to be brought down by. Attach headphones, alone in the dark, mulling over things amok in your relationship. Yup. Broken Open rides that train with you all the way to the end -crying is good for you...and...sobbing is even more cleansing.... Loves it!!

Time for Miracles- another of the best on this CD. This song ties up a bevy of revisits to the those compartments of my heart that I only go to when I want to be alone in my head. Love it!

Basically, this CD is well worth the money. So far beyond the whole AMA hoopla. Hopefully, people's prejudices won't stop this from blasting the charts wide open. I won't hold my breath though, happens all the time. However, I believe that if ya just listen to clips you will even want to buy the whole thing.

Quarter past loves it!!

No comments: