Sunday, November 28, 2010

More on Stick Boy Bakery

My fave new place in town, god knows I'm a bread addict. I had heard the praises of the stuffing bread that they sell for the holidays, so I bought 3 loaves. 1 for a friend and 2 to take home for Thanksgiving. First bite- choking on sage. But I can kinda see how it might be just perfect for Turkey sandwiches. Or to break up and make the stuffing with. So, I decide to give it the benefit of the doubt and use it for all that. Well, it makes a very good stuffing. Seriously good. Doesn't need any spices added to it and craisins give it just the right balance. The 2nd loaf I used for turkey sandwiches. Well, lets just say it's better left to stuffing. I also saw the cranberry pecan pie they have to offer. The filling is more like a cranberry relish made into a pie, which I am kinda sure would be fabulous---thinking up that recipe as I write...but I like my pie better, because I offer the whole cranberries that can give you that tart bite against the immediate sweetness of the pie filling. Either way, can't beat Stick Boy Bread for the artisan fabulosity!

No comments: