Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why I love the holidays


Cooking- I love it. Baking, I love it even more! However, I am just not a traditional person for the most part. So as I was sitting in my kitchen, looking at my fall ingredients, I was trying to think of something I could make for Thanksgiving dinner that would be very tasty yet different, but with traditional flavors.
Viola!! Cranberry-pecan pie!
I let my coworkers be my guinea pig and they all agree, this is the best every version of a different kinda pecan pie. This recipe is so simple it's ridiculous!!
1/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups cranberries
1 cup pecans (or walnuts)
1 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
1 pie crust
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix first 5 ingredients. Add remaining. Mix well, but do not damage cranberries. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake 45 min. til set. Cool and serve with orange whipped cream (recipe follows)
Orange Whip Cream
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tsp orange flavoring
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Mix liquids together first, then gradually add the powdered sugar. Whip with mixer until peaks form. Time will vary.
Serve immediately. Refrigerate unused portion.

No comments: