Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Additions and addendums

Pardon my omissions of two other eateries in Lillington-

Howard's BBQ - Sometimes I like BBQ and sometimes I like Howard's. Although rumor around town is that the same BBQ you buy in containers at Carly's Cs is the same you get at Howard's. I don't know nuthin bout that- it's just word on the street. I got a trout sandwich from there once and could not believe it was full of bones!! Who serves a sammich full of bones??!! Howard's that's who!! Also, the nitpickers club aka my friends - noted that the waitresses at Howard's serve plates and drinks with their bare hands over top of your glass and plate -you do know that is an opportunity for germs to fall off!! Howard's in emergency eats or craving only. It will do when nothing else is available.

FishFry- I've never had anything bad from this place and the price is unbeatable. The flounder is some of the best I have had. Go eat there! You won't regret it!

How could I possibly leave off beverage spots from my first blog? I know, but I did. I'm a huge beverage partaker. Beverages are very important to me. This is why I will break down the best places to get coffee & soda. I have to always have one on my desk at work since I talk non-stop!

For Soda- hands down- McDonalds has the best coke. It is the general consensus at work too. Plus currently for $1 you can't beat it! Their sweet tea is purely southern! Let's not leave out the iced mocha latte (non-fat, whip cream sans drizzle please!) Overall McD's has all areas covered pretty darn well!

Howard's BBQ usually has pretty good tea.

F.W. Bean - Honestly, I've only had the tea from there. I like tea with a bite sometimes- the gourmet kind ya know. My problem with F.W. Bean is they don't have pre-sweetened tea. So, when you want sweet, they add pure cane sugar in the bottom, which is where it usually stays--because any southerner knows that sugar will not dissolve in cold tea. The tea is hit and miss. Three strikes- they are out. I decided not to try them anymore after the third one was so sweet I could not drink it. On the upside - I got a muffin from there and it was huge and delish- although, from the appearance of the packaging, I don't think it was made there.

The Hess Mart- I know. Whodathunkit. Turns out the Hess station now has Dunkin Donuts and DD coffee/tea. You make it yourself. It is cheaper than McD's. The donuts are delish (as my co-workers will attest - personally Ima Krispey Kreme (Charleston factory only) girl so I haven't tried these DDs.) The tea does have that bite to it, but I can't decide if I like it with the liquid sugar (aka simple syrup) or with cane sugar. The cane sugar presents somewhat of the same issue as FW Beans. The coffee is slatherous! That is so fabulous you just want to slather it all ovah your lips and lick it up! Two issues- no mocha and no whipped topping for it. Other than that, price and quality are spot on! Any other of the places in town that serve beverages do not quite add up.

Hardees does deserve an honorable mention because their soda is always good, its just that it's $1 more than McD's but will do on those times when I am not heading across the river. Also, another case of being there so long I forget what I am there for! They must have had alot of complaints too because there is a management posted sign for workers that says if no cars are behind current customers not to pull cars up...which is not an issue for me anyhoo because I am one of those bitches that takes the chance of having her food spit in because when they tell me to pull up...my response is to point to said sign and state the obvious--"I don't pull up".

No comments: