Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Customer service gripe

live in a small town. There aren't many choices when it comes to eating out. We do have a Subway which happens to be one of my family's favorite places to eat. Well until last weekend - and now again this weekend. We are regulars there, every weekend either before my daughter's football game or on Saturday before her competetions.
It's always been a bit annoying that when you go through the drive through you are not top priority. Meaning you can sit at the drive through and watch people that walked in after you got to the window and see them get served before you. I've gotten use to this, simply because I have a baby and it is not always convenient for me to take him in while getting food to go. Or to eat in because he is very impatient at his current age. Therefore, I have learned to deal with the wait for the in exchange for the convenience of not having to take myself and the baby inside.
Having said all this:
Beginning last weekend there was a new girl working the drive through. The attitude and impatience of this chick is unbelievable. Before I can finish a sentence I get the :::sighs:: and her most you are an idiot tone of voice..a question that cuts me off and is asking the same thing I am trying to tell her. For instance I say, I would like a veggie delight on....and bang, cut off to ask what kind of bread...again as soon as I can spit out the answer I get an aggravated question of toppings...and then she is highly annoyed that I ask for a list of the different types of bread.
At first I thought ok, someone must have peed in her mocha latte' this morning and she is just having a bad day. I think not. Because today I got the exact same scenario played over again only with more impatience. As she threw my change back at me I thought ya know, I think I am going to complain to her manager. I saw him in there and he is the one that brought my order to me. I said to him, you are the manager yes? Correct he answered in a very thick East Indian accent. I mention his heritage because I would like to think there was a miscommunication to my complaint and his nonchalant attitude. I said to him that I felt she was being unreasonable in her tone and service towards me. His reply was that they have people to wait on inside and don't have time to spend at the window. Well, are we not customers at the drive through? Again I said, I have grown use to waiting at the window but I don't feel that I should have to be talked down to like I am a complete idiot because I do not know your menu by heart, especially when the types of things you offer are not posted on the menu outside. His reply to that is - we are not McDonald (s) and you can't just say hey 2. What the?????
So someone please tell me why do people who are not sociable people take positions in customer service or dealing with the public and why don't the owners of these businesses seem to care that they are pissing their customers off. We won't be patronizing them again.

Feel free to post ANY customer service gripes and the places you experienced them in the comments section of this blog!!
I think, therefore I am...highly annoyed!

No comments: