Sunday, August 30, 2009

that thing that lives under the bed

or in the closet or in the dryer...you know what I am talking about....the thing that steals one of everything I own!!

Since Monday I have lost one mary jane cat shoe, one clarks loafer, one flip flop, my debit card and my scoop cell phone. All within the confines of my bedroom.

Normally, I would acquiesce that my bedroom is a haven for the lost but I refuse to believe this. Especially when I have left no basket of laundry undumped, no matress unlifted, no drawer unpulled, these things just are not there. I was able to clean as I searched. Frantic searching for four hours turned up nothing but severe aggravation and plenty of accusations to other family members - all to no avail.

I have given up the search for now...but I will not let it go. What is going to happen is that tonight as I go to sleep I will say that special prayer my late aunt Brenda (OBM) taught me--usually it is pure magic---you chant over and over ---that which is hidden ...insert item here.....shall be revealed..while you chant you must picture it in your mind. Usually it works. I haven't done this on my shoes because they haven't been important enough yet. I did use it for my phone no dice. It did work for my debit card..which appeared on the floor beside of the bed as if it dropped straight out of the magically induced atmosphere at my feet. I will be chanting it as I go to sleep now and begrudgingly use that cheap alltel phone I got from my daughter...no qwerty..no cell cam....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....That which is hidden...orange scoop...shall be revealed....


ocd much???

1 comment:

Judith said...

You can always ask Saint Anthony. He never fails.